AiM Sports MXL Strada Digital Dash Display
The MXL race data acquisition systems are perfect for race cars, performance street cars, street and race motorcycles. Whethere you need a digital gauge, display, or racing data system, there is an MXL model for you!
All MXL systems are compatible with many third party engine control/management units (ECU). This compatiblity reduces the need for external sensors, since the ECU signal can provide potentially hundreds of data channels. In addition, the ECU often connects through one simple wiring harness.
The MXL Strada makes a statement on any street bike or performance street car -- anywhere you need style, accuracy, and reliability without the cost or complexity of a full data logging system. The MXL Strada is a digital dash and gauge, that includes the harness to connect to 12V power and your supported ECU. The MXL Strada will display any available channels and high and low alarms can be configured. The MXL Strada has an lap time input for adding the optional lap time receiver and transmitter.
With standard features including a wide, fully configurable display, six configurable alarm LED’s, and backlight, the MXL is a stylish, powerful display for performance vehicles.
The MXL can be interfaced (via CAN or RS-232 serial) with a variety of vehicle ECU's (engine control units) including MoTec, Pectel, AEM, DTA, MBE, EFI, Seat, Autronic, Bosch, Racetech, Carmo and more. Or add the optional full harness and deploy a powerful array of sensors on your vehicle, including pressure, temperature, throttle, steering, suspension, speed, Lambda sond, and more.
Science over Superstition
Connect sensors to the MXL and it samples and displays data from those sensors. For example, you can connect a wheel speed sensor and get continuous reads on your speed as you drive. AiM Sports uses sophisticated data acquisition technologies in the MXL to make this process fast, accurate, reliable, and cost-effective.
Unlock the Power
Connect the MXL to your vehicle’s ECU and unleash the MXL’s true power: sampling and displaying dozens of channels straight from the vehicle’s nerve center, including specialized sensors built into the vehicle. This is often the quickest and easiest setup, needing only 1 cable connection to the ECU instead of multiple connections to analog sensors, yet it yields the most dramatic results. In addition - you can leverage your aftermarket ECU investment.
The MXL uses state of the art algorithms to sample, calculate and display RPM, lap time, gear position, speed, temperatures and more. The MXL Strada stores lap time data for on-board replay.
- Wide, brilliant display (5.5") with backlight standard
- RPM displayed by number and graphic curve
- Configurable RPM scaling
- 1 RPM input*
- 1 Speed input*
- 8 analog input channels: temperatures, pressures, potentiometers, Lambda sond, onboard and custom sensors*
- Gear number calculated or sampled from on-board sensor*
- 10 shift light LED's - green - yellow - red
- 6 freely configurable alarm LED's for min/max alarm
- Infrared lap receiver and lap transmitter (option)
- Lap times - split times (with lap timing option)
- 128 kb of non-volatile memory stores lap data for on-board playback only
- Built in clock and calendar for test management
- Internal data acquisition system
- Total and partial odometer (with reset)
- Rugged, water resistant, lightweight aluminum chassis
- CAN/Serial (RS-232) interface connects to many ECU's (see list at right)
* Requires optional harness.
- Dimensions: 6.85" wide x 4.33" (174 x 110 mm)
- Display dimensions: 5.5" x 2.6" (140 x 67 mm)
- External 9-15 V power supply
- 128 kb non-volatile internal memory
View the chart to your right to see if the MXL Strada works with your ECU.
Learn more detail in the connection and communication manual. Download PDF
About Manufacturer: Aim Sports
AiM Sports is the world leader in motor sports and race data acquisition technology, electronics, instrumentation, data loggers, digital displays, lap timers, stopwatches and gauges for performance and race vehicles including cars, motorcycles, karts, and junior dragsters. Many AiM products combine the functions of traditional tachometer (tach / RPM gauge), speedometer, temperature gauge, pressure gauge and lap timer all into one compact, high performance unit.