Vivid Racing's Stage 1 kit for the Porsche 986 Boxster is designed to improve the vehicles power band with increased torque and stronger pull on the top end RPM range. In addition, you will notice quicker throttle response from the improved air flow and ECU changes.
Our Stage 1 kit consists of the VR Tuned ECU Flash and the Agency Power Cold Air Intake. The VR Tuned ECU Flash is done via the OBDII port with the provided Flash Cable. The VR Tuned ECU Flash will alter your fuel and timing maps to provide you a overall improved driving characteristics. With VR Tuned, you can always reload your stock file if need be. Inconjunction with the VR Tuned ECU Flash, we add the Agency Power Cold Air Intake. This intake replaces the stock airbox with a new heat shield, intake pipe, and high flow K&N cone air filter. The K&N filter never needs to be replaced and its design allows for more air flow which equates to better throttle response and increased horsepower. The air filter will also give the engine a more "sports car" sound as it sucks in a larger volume of air then the OEM enclosed box. These 2 combined parts make up our Stage 1 kit which is good for a 15HP gain.
What are the benefits of VR Tuned?
- #1 priority is our customer service to you!
- Our tuning is used worldwide. We can provide you a tuned file no matter the octane you get or the environment you live in. We do both EU and USA vehicles running 91oct (95ron) or 93oct (98ron).
- All ECU flashing is done via the OBDII port. We provide you the cable and all you need is a Windows base laptop or a Mac booted up as a windows machine.
- There is no need for an internet connection, minimum processor requirements, or worrying about bricking your DME.
- You can flash your ECU at your convenience without incurring any downtime where others require the removal of your ECU.
- The VR Tuned flash client exports out your original file so you may flash your car back to stock at anytime.
- The flash client saves your ECU information in a recovery mode if you incur any issues during the writing process so you can easily restore your file.
- Basic scan tool functions that can view trouble codes and clear them are part of the software.
- The flasher can read the entire file or just the programmable section
Each VR Tuned order receives a special carrying case to hold your OBDII connector and cable. We include a wrench style USB stick to save your files on and also give you a nice VR stick on badge for your car or toolbox.
| Choose Available Options: