The AMS Mitsubishi Lancer Evo X Front Mount Intercooler is a direct bolt on utilizing your stock piping and mounting points with purpose built cast end tanks for the Evolution 10. This intercooler has over 80% more internal flow area than its stock counterpart. A stock Evolution 10 can gain 10 wheel horsepower over the stock core just by bolting it on, without even re-tuning the ECU! Let the competition know that your EVO means business with a genuine AMS Intercooler but be warned the intimidating AMS logo may scare them off!
This AMS Intercooler now features cast aluminum end tanks for added durability with smoother features and geometry. Designed by the AMS engineering team using Solidworks (3D CAD software) these A356 T6 Alloy Aluminum end tanks have improved flow over sheet metal end tanks and include gusseted brackets to prevent cracking or failure. AMS go beyond their competition to ensure quality. Each AMS Intercooler is hand TIG welded in a jig for a perfect fit and pressure tested to 50 psi to ensure maximum performance.
AMS tested many intercooler cores before finding the best performing core available. The bar and plate style core is 12.4" tall, 20" wide and 3.5" thick flowing 1250 cfm. This is the same durable, race proven intercooler core used on the record setting Time Attack EVO, proven efficient to 780 whp. The AMS intercooler retains the factory crash beam, uses all factory mounting points and requires no cutting or trimming. Incorporated is an angled inlet just like the factory for a proper fit with the intercooler piping.Features:
- Direct factory replacement with NO cutting or trimming required
- Adds 10 whp WITHOUT re-tuning the ECU
- 80% more flow area over stock
- Bolts right up to the stock piping
- Utilizes the factory intercooler hangers along with added supports
- No cutting or permanent alteration to your car so it can easily be returned to stock
- Cast end tanks for smoother more efficient air flow
- Incorporates an angled inlet just like the factory for a proper fit with the intercooler piping
- All AMS intercoolers are pressure tested after assembly to 50 psi
- Unsurpassed craftsmanship, fitment and race-proven performance
- Mitsubishi Evolution X (GSR, MR) 08-14
AMS Performance builds serious performance products for cars such as the Mitsubishi EVO, Nissan GTR, Subaru Impreza, and Porsche 911. Their background in drag racing allows them to build turbo kits, engines, manifolds, and other parts to take the punishment of what 1000+ horsepower cars produce. AMS focuses on these racing parts and kits to give the customer a complete package of power.