The AMS Mitsubishi Evolution VII/VIII/IX Upper Intercooler Pipe is a replacement for the factory cold side piping. It completely replaces all of the factory pieces from the IC outlet coupler to the throttle body. Through extensive parts prototyping and dyno testing programs AMS have found that replacing the upper pipe will free up additional horsepower and boost response.Features:
- Flange for Tial BOV Only!
- Specific routing for improved charge air flow
- Eliminates factory rubber sections and bends improving boost response
- Bead rolled piping to prevent coupler separation
- TIG welded construction
- Easy installation
- Installation instructions provided online
- Mitsubishi Evolution VIII (GSR, MR, RS and SE) 03-05
- Mitsubishi Evolution IX (GSR, MR, RS and SE) 06-07
- Due to the improved non factory routing, this kit requires the use of the AMS small battery kit and is not compatible with the factory air box.
- If you are planning to use your stock bypass valve you will have to extend your factory return tube that goes to your intake. A kit to do this is available, please select below.
AMS Performance builds serious performance products for cars such as the Mitsubishi EVO, Nissan GTR, Subaru Impreza, and Porsche 911. Their background in drag racing allows them to build turbo kits, engines, manifolds, and other parts to take the punishment of what 1000+ horsepower cars produce. AMS focuses on these racing parts and kits to give the customer a complete package of power.