AWE wants you happy - let's work together to get any issues resolved! Please note these key points before proceeding with any claim:
- Start at the original place of purchase. 100% of claims start with the original place of purchase, and all refunds, if granted, are through the original place of purchase. Call them first. Need their contact information? Try the AWE dealer map.
- If you remove, we can not approve. If a product issue is discovered after installation, do not remove the product before receiving confirmation of a return approval from the original place of purchase. On-car information can often lead to diagnosis and action plans; AWE requires a chance to address in this manner. Post-install products removed prior to return authorization will be denied any warranty claim.
- Any alterations or attempts to fix will void the warranty. This includes welding, bending, or any ad-hoc methods that alter the product in any way.
- All warranties are for the original owner only. Second owners can purchase replacement components at a discount, directly from AWE or from participating dealers.
- If you are a dealer or bought through AWE directly, fill out the form.
- Orders or parts of orders canceled more than seven (7) calendar days after placement will be assessed a 20% raw-materials allocation fee. AWE recommends that dealers request down payments from consumers given the handcrafted nature of many AWE products.
In the event that a warranty claim is approved by AWE on a product that has been discontinued, AWE will repair the product if it is deemed repairable. At AWE's sole discretion and if applicable, a substitution of a comparable product may be granted should a repair not be deemed possible. Warranty Against Manufacturer Defects by Product Class
Manufacturer defect is defined as any characteristic of the product which hinders its usability for the purpose for which it was designed and manufactured. The warranty against manufacturer defects doesn't cover any cosmetic changes, or normal use wear and tear. All warranties cease at a product's discontinuance. Here's a quick summary of our products and how long each is covered for manufacturer defects:
Applicable to All Warranties
All AWE brand products. Please note that special order items are not returnable.
All durations start at the time of purchase (we'll ask for a proof of purchase date):
- AWE Brand Exhausts: Tubing, welding, flex areas - Lifetime
- Valves on Exhausts: 3 Years on mechanical components, 1 Year on valve motors
- Electronics / Electronic Components found on any product: One Year*
- Catalysts: 1 Year
- Tip Finish Defects (please follow washing instructions prior to contacting support): 1 Year (see Tip Finish below)
- Intakes (all components): 1 Year
- Filters: 1 Year
- Intercoolers: 1 Year
- Other: Foilers, accessories, tools, valances, drive train stabilizers, suspension components - 1 Year
- Turbo Kits/Turbochargers: Not covered under warranties, special order item.
*AWE SwitchPath Control Boxes purchased before March 1, 2018 are afforded a two (2) year warranty, with proof of purchase.
- Condition of System
In the event of a return, a product must be returned with no signs of abuse, incorrect installation, forced installation, motorsports usage, or product altering whatsoever. Any trace of the aforementioned will result in warranty denial.
Upon verification of warranty coverage, AWE will, at its sole option, repair, replace, consult toward remedy or issue a refund for the defective product.
Labor for original installation, removal, and subsequent installation/inspection not covered.
If claim is determined by AWE at its sole discretion to be a manufacturer defect, AWE will cover two-way shipping to AWE either from consumer or dealer and back to either consumer or dealer. AWE may also request a "Destroy in Field" of any defective parts.
No restocking fee for Manufacturer Defect.
In all cases, AWE must be afforded the opportunity to remedy the situation before removal of the product from the vehicle. Installations deemed errant AWE will result in denied claims. Any evidence of offroad abuse or use of the product in motorsports or racing conditions is grounds for warranty denial. Warranties will be voided if the product is improperly serviced, modified, or used in a way not intended by the Manufacturer. The Consumer is responsible for ensuring that the product is installed in a safe and proper manner, and should cease use of the product immediately if an unsafe or improper condition is noted. If an unsafe or improper condition is noted, the Consumer should then immediately contact the facility where the product was purchased.
- Tip Finish
AWE's One Year Tip Finish Warranty covers defects on AWE tips for a period of one year from purchase date. Exclusions to the AWE One Year Tip Finish Warranty:
Thorough periodic cleaning of AWE tips is required as general maintenance, and must be done prior to submitting a warranty claim on tips, as returned tips found to have been dirty (and not defective) will have forfeited any core charges.
- Pinhole sized pitting on the inside of tips, which is considered normal wear and tear
- Blemishes or marring of appearance due to weather, road hazards, lack of maintenance (defined in next sentence) or extremes of heat or cold.
EXCEPT AS EXPRESSLY SET FORTH WITHIN, AWE MAKES NO WARRANTY, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, AS TO ANY MATTER WHATSOEVER INCLUDING ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. IN NO EVENT SHALL AWE BE LIABLE FOR ANY SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, INDIRECT OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES HOWEVER CAUSED, ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, AND WHETHER OR NOT AWE HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. The warranties listed herein are the only remedy the Consumer or Dealer has for any loss or damage, however arising, due to nonconformity in or defect of the product. This warranty does not cover consequential damage, loss of time or revenues, labor, inconvenience, loss of use of vehicle (including rental vehicle fees), shipping, damage to the vehicle or components, or other incidental or indirect damage. AWE's sole liability on any claim of any kind, whether in contract, tort, or otherwise, for any loss or damage arising out of, connected with, or resulting from the manufacture, sale, delivery or use of the products sold hereunder shall in no case exceed the amount actually paid to AWE for the applicable product. These limitations shall apply notwithstanding any failure of essential purpose of any limited remedy. DEALER RESPONSIBILITY AS IT PERTAINS TO WARRANTIES AND GUARANTEES
Every dealer or distributor must understand and uphold any and all requirements as they pertain to refunds and honor all guarantees including but not limited to Fitment Guarantees, Sound Satisfaction Guarantees, and other warranties and guarantees as published with product information and on the AWE website. Dealers and distributors will handle all refunds to customers and consumers as approved by AWE. All warranties are explained below and may change from time to time. All warranty claims or returns must be routed through the support section of the AWE website.