The 2018 Can-AM Maverick X3 Turbo with 120HP is a great platform with the addition of an ECU Flash. Coming from the factory, this car is no different minus the fuel pump and intercooler than the Can-Am X3 RS with 172bhp. ECU Tuning is done by altering the parameters to maximize output while keeping a safe and reliable vehicle. VR Tuned offers the best and most efficient ECU flash over all the competition. Our flashing is done via the diagnostic port as our video below explains. This allows you to flash between your stock and a tuned file. The flashing software gives you the convenience to easily flash your Can-Am and update files if necessary. Our flashing takes roughly 3 minutes compared to the competition’s device which takes almost 20 mins!
As tested on our Mustang Dyno in Arizona on a warm 106F day with 91 octane, the wheel horsepower gains are quiet incredible. This car gained 25 horsepower to the rear wheels! On the graph, you can see how the car runs stock with its air fuel ratio and boost. The AFR runs a bit lean till midway through the run then richins out. Stock boost is just above 9psi of boost. With the VR Tuned ECU Flash, we dial in the AFR nice and safe just around 12.0. Boost pressure is raised 3.2psi and the fueling is adjusted accordingly. These tests were done on a completely stock vehicle. Adding such parts as a cat bypass pipe, muffler, intake, or blow off valve will not require a retune. To further performance, the Can-Am X3 120HP version would greatly benefit from a clutch tune as well.
- Stock 120bhp | 108rwhp
- Tuned 148bhp | 133rwhp
What does the ECU Flash do?
- Race Start – You can start in any gear without pressing the brake pedal.
- New performance fuel curve
- New performance ignition timing (32 deg at wot)
- Raised limp mode rpm to 6k (4k stock)
- Removed speed limiters
- Adjusted torque limiters
- Lower fan temp 185F (203F is stock)
- Boost correction for those that ride in different elevations
- Note: You must increase preload on wastegate by 3 full turns from the stock orientation.
What are the benefits of VR Tuned?
- #1 priority is our customer service to you!
- Our tuning is used worldwide.
- Basic bolt-on performance parts will not require a retune of your ECU. Other efficiency parts such as colder spark plugs, boost tubes, or diverter valves are not required but can help performance. The ECU will adapt to these changes.
- We can tune cars worldwide including JDM, EU, Australian, and USA cars for different types of octane or environments.
- We do not lock, “pot”, or keep control of your ECU. If you decide to take it to another tuner for an upgrade, all flashing ability is retained.
How to Flash Your ECU?
- Order our OBDII Flash cable to be able to flash between a stock and your tuned file. It also features a Diagnostic tool. See Instructions Here
- We can bench flash your ECU. To bench flash the ECU, you must remove it from your vehicle and send it to us. Once we receive the ECU, we will prepare the tune file and then overnight it back to you for reinstallation. We do not solder or modify the ECU board at all. All ECU tuning is done via bungy probes that have a needle tip to provide an electrical connection.
- Bring your vehicle or ECU to our Arizona facility where we can do the ECU Upgrade here.
- 2018 Can-Am Maverick X3 Turbo 120HP
- For reference this is a Bosch ME17.8.5 ECU.
- We believe in giving you the best file the first time! Stage files are GIMMICKS. There is no need to have a different tune for your exhaust or boost pipes. In fact, as we discovered, there is no difference in these other Stage files when analyzing the code! Our tune will work for any bolt-on upgrade you do such as exhaust, downpipe, diverter valve, intake, boost hoses. The only time you need to do a file upgrade is if you change fuel components, turbo size, or engine internals. We have spent countless hours logging, dyno testing, and comparing to our our competition to make sure you have the ultimate in performance. Stage 1, Stage 2, Stage 3… Call it what you want, its Stage All!