BMW unveiling the M2 was a huge step in the chassis versatility for the company. Offering a financially achievable sports car was the main goal. Being a step below the M3, there was no need to fulfill a technologically advanced quota. Knowing BMW, they did it anyway.
Although the M2 is a phenomenal display of performance, the N55 engine just was not cutting it. Owners began seeking more out of the M2 and eventually got an M2 Competition. The M2C features an S55 twin-turbocharged engine which can also be found in the M3/M4 platform.
With plenty of other upgrades, the M2C makes the regular model look like a base package. Even being the top of the line package for this platform, it still has areas that lack. For instance, the exhaust system seems to be too restrictive and does not glorify the straight-six under the hood.
Dinan has spent plenty of time with research and development to create a high-quality solution to the factory system. The free-flow design is achieved due to the larger diameter tubing used. Featuring 2.75-inch T304 stainless steel, the exhaust has computer-controlled valves to dial back the tone.
Utilizing the X-pipe design in the mid-section, the exhaust note is aggressive and refined. The throaty tone is projected through the quad 4-inch exhaust tips that are double-wall to aid in heat dissipation. Either a polished or black finish exhaust tips are available.
- T304 stainless steel construction
- Valved tubing allows for exhaust tone to be controlled
- Power gains of 6 HP and 5 lbs/ft of torque upon installation
- Quad 4″ (102mm) diameter, double-walled, and laser engraved exhaust tips
- Polished or black finish exhaust tips available
- Factory resonator replaced by an x-pipe for increased volume and an improved throaty note
- Easy bolt-on installation with included mounting hardware
If you have any questions, please contact us. You can reach us by phone at 1-480-966-3040 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.