The Fuel Cell Surge Tank (FCST) is a fill plate replacement for popular fuel cells including ATL, FuelSafe, Pyrotect, Harmon, Jaz, etc. The FCST is designed for EFI vehicles experiencing fuel pump starvation issues while using a competition fuel cell. The FCST is NOT a pseudo "surge tank" trap door box. It is the first of its kind to feature a true dual-chamber fuel tank utilizing a single lift pump and up to three surge tank pumps, all in a compact drop-in package.
The FCST also provides a quick and easy way to drop-in an upgraded fuel pump system for extra flow for vehicles with large power demand upgrades such as forced induction. Alcohol fuels such as E85, methanol, etc can be safely used.
The FCST uses the tried and true Radium Engineering fuel surge tank system preferred by professional motorsports teams worldwide. The optimized 2.2 liter canister supports 1, 2, or 3 internally mounted surge tank pumps capable of up to 1,350LPH @ 43psi.
The fuel pumps inside the surge tank provide the primary fueling to the engine. The "lift pump" mounts next to the surge tank canister and keeps the chamber filled with fuel. The volume of fuel inside the surge tank acts as a buffer to always keep the surge tank pump(s) supplied with fuel. This volume is also maintained by the "return" from the fuel pressure regulator. Excess fuel in the integrated surge tank bleeds out into the fuel cell without the need of an expensive hose and fittings. All of this is done inside the fuel cell with the FCST.Parts Included In This Kit:
- Radium 200146áFuel Level Sensorr BlockOff Kitá
- Radium 200155áFuel Cell Mounting Tab Kit
- Anodized Aluminum 6x10, 24Bolt Fill Plate
- Anodized Aluminum 2.2 Liter Surge Tank Canister
- Anodized Aluminum Lift Pump Mounting Brackets
- Anodized Aluminum Surge Tank Pump Mounting Bracket áá
- Anodized Aluminum ORing Sealed 6AN Fittings
- Anodized Aluminum 3/4 Inch 16 (8AN) Port Plugs x2áá
- Submersible Rubber Hose and Tubing for all Pumps
- 24" External Wiring Harness for Surge Tank Pumps
- 24" External Wiring Harness for Lift Pump
- Standard 6Bolt 2.18" B.C. Flange, Fill Neck Not Included
- 8AN Sized Vent Hole, Roll Over Valve Not Included
- Stainless Steel Hardwareá
- Installation Instructions
- ATL, Jaz, Harmon, Pyrotect, etc.
- Depending on the amount of fill plate accessories
- Also included are 36 black nylon sealing washers (fill plate=24, mounting tabs=12).
- the original mounting tabs may not suffice. Fortunately,
- Images are for representation only. Actual product may vary
- A fuel cell is not included in this kit. However, the fuel cell MUST use a 6x10, 24-bolt fill plate flange. The fuel cell cannot be any shorter than 8 inches. The distance from the top of the fuel cell to the bottom of the lift pump filter (lowest point of the kit) is adjustable (8-11 inches depending on how the lift pump is mounted). If the fuel cell is deeper than 11 inches, use this Radium Fuel Pump Inlet Adapter to relocate the lift pump filter to the bottom of the fuel cell. For the ultimate in fuel starvation protection, the lift pump or pickup filter can be placed into the Radium Collector Box
Radium Engineering is an aftermarket automotive company located in the Pacific Northwest that designs and produces quality performance products. A team with personal passions for innovation leads Radium towards advancement in the industry.
With thorough research and development utilizing state of the art equipment, Radium designs all products in-house with the goal to enhance the driving experience and solve problems that keep vehicles from reaching their full potential. Extensive testing and evaluation ensures the durability and integrity of Radium products exceed consumer expectations.
Currently, Radium manufactures an expanding collection of motorsport parts and accessories for high performance and racing focusing on thier revolutionary fuel surge tank line. An ever expanding collection of application specific parts are also being created. Please contact Radium for more information.