Unlike other systems on the market, the AWE Tuning R8 V10 SwitchPath Exhaust is bespoke for the V10 engine, and not just a repurposed R8 V8 system. Designed with the unique sound characteristics of the 5.2L V10 in mind, hundreds of hours of development and sound tuning were invested to unlock the perfect combination of exhaust tone, sound volume and practicality. This is an unmatched piece of Performance Engineering.
In addition to our valve system, our SwitchPath exhaust is civilized at idle and part throttle because we use small 2 ?" tubing for the idle and part throttle flow path. Further, the compact mufflers you see in the photos are outfitted with a double layer of OE grade stainless steel wool and composite acoustical wrap, and a carefully chosen internal perforation pattern. While the mufflers are small in size, coupled with the small diameter exit tubing on that channel and our h-pipe balance section, a sweet, higher pitched exotic sound is produced that tends to be much more naturally pleasing to the ear.
Beyond the hand-crafted detail that is standard for every AWE Tuning Performance Exhaust, this one packs a little something special.
The R8 V10 SwitchPath Exhaust incorporates a proprietary mechanical valve system that controls sound volume:
- Under part throttle and idle, valves route exhaust gasses through integrated mufflers, keeping sound levels civilized.
- At 3/4 throttle application and more, the valves automatically open and the system goes into a more aggressive, "straight pipe" mode flowing primarily via both the 2 ?" part throttle and 2 ?" full throttle channels.
- An in-cabin mounted electronic SwitchPath Remote toggles the mechanical valves between "normal" and "straight pipe mode." Practical.
- In "Normal" mode, the system's valves are controlled by throttle position, while in "Straight Pipe Mode" the system gets aggressive from the start (ideal for racing and track usage).
- Designed and manufactured in-house at AWE Tuning
- H-Pipe Crossover for enhanced tone and exhaust scavenging
- Bullet Style Mufflers, designed and built in-house
- Max gains: +21 hp and +50 ft lb at the crank at 2200 rpm
- Peak gains: +11 hp and +6 ft lb at the crank
- German Engineered control valves
- Valve Programming optimized for R8 engine characteristics
- CNC machined V-Band connections
- Crafted from T304 stainless steel
- No CEL
- Lifetime Warranty
- Audi R8 V10 Spyder5.2L 2011-2012
||10 Cylinder 5.2 Liter
Who Is AWE Tuning?
For the past 30 years, AWE has had one mission: to unlock performance. The company has
demonstrated an unwavering commitment to innovating, designing, manufacturing, and distributing
products all over the globe from its state-of-the-art headquarters just outside of Philadelphia,
Pennsylvania. As a business that is built for performance, it's not hard to see why so many
enthusiasts trust AWE with all their performance-oriented needs.
Since its inception in 1991, AWE Tuning's team of elite engineers, researchers, innovators, and
drivers have introduced premium performance parts for some of the finest cars in the world.
Boasting an impressive lineup of track-tested parts, AWE Tuning has created a solid name for itself
with award-winning, handcrafted exhausts, carbon fiber intakes, and performance intercoolers.
AWE Tuning houses the most sophisticated technology for designing and manufacturing top-grade
products. Starting with CAD for their designs, the team employs high-tech CNC machines to to
ensure that all of their parts deliver consistent precision and flawless fitment. Since AWE handles all
of its own designing, manufacturing, and testing in-house, they can adequately control their products
to offer only the highest levels of quality and effectiveness. And, at almost 900 part numbers strong,
AWE is humbled that it has grown from a grassroots company to a globally renowned performance
brand within the multi-billion dollar automotive aftermarket industry.
AWE Tuning is constantly conducting new research and development to further its product lineup
and give enthusiasts what they want. The AWE team is dedicated to evolving its products and
improving them to stay ahead of the competition, and they do not reach the market until perfection is
achieved. AWE's commitment to providing only the best performance parts possible is why they have
garnered a solid reputation for that is unmatched on the aftermarket and chosen day in and day out
by performance aficionados.
Purchase AWE Parts at Vivid Racing
AWE Tuning is known all around the world for providing the best tuning parts for high-performance
vehicles such as Porsche, BMW, Audi, Bentley, McLaren, and so many others. Catering to these
high-end sports cars is no easy feat, so being able successfully do so is testament to the type of
company AWE Tuning is.
If you are looking to improve your car's performance, then check out what Awe Tuning has to offer.
We carry an extensive inventory of AWE parts ranging from air intake accessories to downpipes,
catalysts, headers, mufflers, and complete exhaust kits. To learn more or inquire about any of the
products above, please do not hesitate to contact us at (480) 966-3040.
AWE wants you happy - let's work together to get any issues resolved! Please note these key points before proceeding with any claim:
- Start at the original place of purchase. 100% of claims start with the original place of purchase, and all refunds, if granted, are through the original place of purchase. Call them first. Need their contact information? Try the AWE dealer map.
- If you remove, we can not approve. If a product issue is discovered after installation, do not remove the product before receiving confirmation of a return approval from the original place of purchase. On-car information can often lead to diagnosis and action plans; AWE requires a chance to address in this manner. Post-install products removed prior to return authorization will be denied any warranty claim.
- Any alterations or attempts to fix will void the warranty. This includes welding, bending, or any ad-hoc methods that alter the product in any way.
- All warranties are for the original owner only. Second owners can purchase replacement components at a discount, directly from AWE or from participating dealers.
- If you are a dealer or bought through AWE directly, fill out the form.
- Orders or parts of orders canceled more than seven (7) calendar days after placement will be assessed a 20% raw-materials allocation fee. AWE recommends that dealers request down payments from consumers given the handcrafted nature of many AWE products.
In the event that a warranty claim is approved by AWE on a product that has been discontinued, AWE will repair the product if it is deemed repairable. At AWE's sole discretion and if applicable, a substitution of a comparable product may be granted should a repair not be deemed possible. Warranty Against Manufacturer Defects by Product Class
Manufacturer defect is defined as any characteristic of the product which hinders its usability for the purpose for which it was designed and manufactured. The warranty against manufacturer defects doesn't cover any cosmetic changes, or normal use wear and tear. All warranties cease at a product's discontinuance. Here's a quick summary of our products and how long each is covered for manufacturer defects:
Applicable to All Warranties
All AWE brand products. Please note that special order items are not returnable.
All durations start at the time of purchase (we'll ask for a proof of purchase date):
- AWE Brand Exhausts: Tubing, welding, flex areas - Lifetime
- Valves on Exhausts: 3 Years on mechanical components, 1 Year on valve motors
- Electronics / Electronic Components found on any product: One Year*
- Catalysts: 1 Year
- Tip Finish Defects (please follow washing instructions prior to contacting support): 1 Year (see Tip Finish below)
- Intakes (all components): 1 Year
- Filters: 1 Year
- Intercoolers: 1 Year
- Other: Foilers, accessories, tools, valances, drive train stabilizers, suspension components - 1 Year
- Turbo Kits/Turbochargers: Not covered under warranties, special order item.
*AWE SwitchPath Control Boxes purchased before March 1, 2018 are afforded a two (2) year warranty, with proof of purchase.
- Condition of System
In the event of a return, a product must be returned with no signs of abuse, incorrect installation, forced installation, motorsports usage, or product altering whatsoever. Any trace of the aforementioned will result in warranty denial.
Upon verification of warranty coverage, AWE will, at its sole option, repair, replace, consult toward remedy or issue a refund for the defective product.
Labor for original installation, removal, and subsequent installation/inspection not covered.
If claim is determined by AWE at its sole discretion to be a manufacturer defect, AWE will cover two-way shipping to AWE either from consumer or dealer and back to either consumer or dealer. AWE may also request a "Destroy in Field" of any defective parts.
No restocking fee for Manufacturer Defect.
In all cases, AWE must be afforded the opportunity to remedy the situation before removal of the product from the vehicle. Installations deemed errant AWE will result in denied claims. Any evidence of offroad abuse or use of the product in motorsports or racing conditions is grounds for warranty denial. Warranties will be voided if the product is improperly serviced, modified, or used in a way not intended by the Manufacturer. The Consumer is responsible for ensuring that the product is installed in a safe and proper manner, and should cease use of the product immediately if an unsafe or improper condition is noted. If an unsafe or improper condition is noted, the Consumer should then immediately contact the facility where the product was purchased.
- Tip Finish
AWE's One Year Tip Finish Warranty covers defects on AWE tips for a period of one year from purchase date. Exclusions to the AWE One Year Tip Finish Warranty:
Thorough periodic cleaning of AWE tips is required as general maintenance, and must be done prior to submitting a warranty claim on tips, as returned tips found to have been dirty (and not defective) will have forfeited any core charges.
- Pinhole sized pitting on the inside of tips, which is considered normal wear and tear
- Blemishes or marring of appearance due to weather, road hazards, lack of maintenance (defined in next sentence) or extremes of heat or cold.
EXCEPT AS EXPRESSLY SET FORTH WITHIN, AWE MAKES NO WARRANTY, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, AS TO ANY MATTER WHATSOEVER INCLUDING ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. IN NO EVENT SHALL AWE BE LIABLE FOR ANY SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, INDIRECT OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES HOWEVER CAUSED, ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, AND WHETHER OR NOT AWE HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. The warranties listed herein are the only remedy the Consumer or Dealer has for any loss or damage, however arising, due to nonconformity in or defect of the product. This warranty does not cover consequential damage, loss of time or revenues, labor, inconvenience, loss of use of vehicle (including rental vehicle fees), shipping, damage to the vehicle or components, or other incidental or indirect damage. AWE's sole liability on any claim of any kind, whether in contract, tort, or otherwise, for any loss or damage arising out of, connected with, or resulting from the manufacture, sale, delivery or use of the products sold hereunder shall in no case exceed the amount actually paid to AWE for the applicable product. These limitations shall apply notwithstanding any failure of essential purpose of any limited remedy. DEALER RESPONSIBILITY AS IT PERTAINS TO WARRANTIES AND GUARANTEES
Every dealer or distributor must understand and uphold any and all requirements as they pertain to refunds and honor all guarantees including but not limited to Fitment Guarantees, Sound Satisfaction Guarantees, and other warranties and guarantees as published with product information and on the AWE website. Dealers and distributors will handle all refunds to customers and consumers as approved by AWE. All warranties are explained below and may change from time to time. All warranty claims or returns must be routed through the support section of the AWE website.