One of the best upgrades to do for your Porsche 911 interior is a customized OEM steering wheel upgrade. This is a great upgrade to do to improve the ergonomics and styling of your steering wheel. As simple as it sounds, doing a steering wheel upgrade will greatly improve your overall driving experience. The customization of our steering wheels can be matched to the aesthetics of your car’s interior and exterior to set your vehicle apart on the road and in the parking lot.
Our Porsche customized steering wheels are extremely durable, made using OEM steering wheel cores. Each Porsche steering wheel features quality materials such as Carbon Fiber, Leather, and Alcantara. When configuring your Porsche steering wheel, you can choose how you want to design the stitching, top and bottom portion, hand grips, a 12 O’clock stripe, upgrading the center trip, doing the paddle shifters, and even a LED race inspired shift light. If you have been in the market for a customized steering wheel for your Porsche 911, we are the best company in the USA to work with.
Vivid Racing has a plethora of options for you to choose from when it comes to your customized steering wheel. Since this is a Bespoke program, we can do any steering wheel from any vehicle. Some of the popular Porsche 911 Steering Wheel Upgrades include doing the:
- Porsche 992 Turbo, Carrera, and GT3
- Porsche 991 and 991.2 Turbo, Carrera, or GT3
- Porsche 997 and 997.2 Turbo, Carrera, or GT3
- Porsche 996 Turbo and Carrera
- Porsche 993 Turbo and Carrera
Since we can customize all Porsche steering wheels under our VR Bespoke program, we also do steering wheels for the popular Cayman and Boxster platforms including:
- Porsche 718 GT4, Cayman or Boxster
- Porsche 981 GT4, Cayman or Boxster
- Porsche 987 and 987.2 Cayman or Boxster
- Porsche 986 Boxster
Driving a Porsche is always an amazing experience. Porsche engineers all their vehicles to handle and perform like no other vehicle out there. This is why when enhancing the driving experience, we also do steering wheels for other popular Porsche models including:
- Porsche Taycan and Cross Turismo models
- Porsche Cayenne 958, 957, 955 models
- Porsche Panamera 970 and 971 models
- Porsche Macan models
These custom steering wheel upgrades will not only improve your interior design and aesthetics but will further that sporty feel which even Porsche’s thin stock steering wheels tend to lack. We know that many people tend to worry about fitment and safety when it comes to doing a steering wheel upgrade which is why we use an OEM steering wheel core that allows you to transfer over all the original OEM steering wheel controls, paddle shifters, and airbag components. This guarantees a perfect fitment and also ensures that the quality of our custom steering wheel is top-notch. You can never go wrong with a custom Porsche steering wheel upgrade. You can start to configure yours online or give us a call today to get your customized steering wheel ordered, whether it is for your Porsche 911 or any other Porsche platform.
- 12 O-Clock Ring -This is the center ring on the top of the steering wheel that gives it the race look. On hard materials such as carbon fiber, this is painted. On leather, alcantara, or soft materials, this is sewn in place. For either, this can be thin or thick. We always default to thick unless the customer specifies in comments. The Tri-Color options are the colors of that countries flag.
- Steering Wheel Stitching – This is the stitching color that is used on the steering wheel. The Tri-Color options are the colors of that countries flag.
- Steering Wheel Top Section – This is the top of the steering wheel that goes from 10 to 2. Different material and finish can be done.
- Steering Wheel Hand Grips – This is the area between around 7-10 and 2-5 where your hands are usually at while driving. Most people prefer perforated leather to breathe best or alcantara for high performance sports cars. This can be done in other materials or colors.
- Steering Wheel Bottom Section – This is the bottom of the steering wheel between 7 and 5. This is typically done to match the top but can be done in a variety of materials and colors. If the steering wheel bottom has the space, we can include a bottom inlay.
- Steering Wheel Bottom Inlay – This is the portion of the steering wheel bottom around 6 O’clock where we can inlay a separate piece of material. For example if you did all leather but wanted to have an inlay of carbon fiber there. This can only be done if enough material is there on the steering wheel.
- Steering Wheel Shape Top – The top of the steering wheel is typically round or the stock shape. We can also do these in a semi flat shape or even a flat shape. This involves altering the wheels factory structural ring.
- Steering Wheel Shape Bottom – The bottom of the steering wheel is usually done in a semi flat shape. Most people prefer this for a more sporty driving experience. A completely flat shape can be done but this involves altering the wheels factory structural ring.
- Steering Wheel Shift Light – The Steering Wheel Shift Light System is embedded into the top portion of the steering wheel. This can only be done with the standard round shape. The shift light requires wiring. We DO NOT have per vehicle instructions. There is no returns on these custom wheels once ordered if you cannot get the shift light to work. This is for professional shop installation only! Shift light comes with a 1 year warranty. View Instructions Info Here
- Finger Ridges – We can add the finger ridges to the backside of any steering wheel top. This gives some nice driving comfort for those that like to get there hands up to top to cruise the roads.
- Center Trim – We can also customize the center trim that goes around buttons and the airbag IF the core we use has the center trim available. Typical steering wheel cores do not include the center trim. This may be an additional cost for us to allocate a core. Should you receive a core with the trim done, we need to receive back your core with the OEM trim.
- Paddle Shifters – For those that have Paddle Shifters, we can also customize these as well. We typically will wrap them in a carbon fiber version and then add the +/- signs in a corresponding color. This can only be done with the core provided includes the paddle shifters.
- Other Options Not Listed – For additional costs, we can also do airbag covers. This requires the airbag cover provided or sourced. For those with heated steering wheels, we can retain this option for an additional cost as well. Contact us for further pricing.