AEM's Engine Position Module (EPM) Puck is a universal module that replaces an engine's distributor and allows for the use of coil-on-plug or wasted-spark ignition systems on popular V8 and Honda B-, D-, H-, and F-series race engines. It provides precise engine position using dual zero-speed optical sensors, which offers the advantage of immediate signal generation regardless of engine speed. The EPM easily adapts to any positive-drive, half-engine speed device such as a cam or distributor drive, and can be used with any aftermarket engine management system that recognizes the common 24 & 1 pattern for crank and cam signals.
- Bolt-on systems available for most popular V8 race engines and Honda B-, D-, H-, and F-series race engines
- Very simple four-wire connection for easy installation (12V, ground, crank signal, and cam signal)
- EPM manufactured from 6061 T-6 billet aluminum
- Output signal amplitude and waveform stay constant at all RPM
- 24-tooth crank, 1-tooth cam pattern per engine cycle for accurate timing and easy set up (Pattern available in cam/crank sensor wizard in AEMPro/Tuner)
- Shock absorbing elastomer drive system eliminates potential for ignition timing deviation and protects the EPM from vibration
- Installation is simple via a four-wire connection (12V, ground, crank signal, and cam signal).
- Legal in California only for racing vehicles which may never be used upon a highway.
AEM Performance Electronics warrants to the consumer that all AEM Electronics products will be free from defects in material and workmanship for a period of twelve months from the date of the original purchase. Products that fail within this 12-month warranty period will be repaired or replaced when determined by us that the product failed due to defects in material or workmanship. This warranty is limited to the repair or replacement of the AEM Electronics part. This warranty applies only to the original purchaser of the product and is non-transferable. All implied warranties shall be limited in duration to the said 12-month warranty period. Improper use or installation, accident, abuse, unauthorized repairs or alterations performed by the user on any AEM Electronics products voids this warranty.
In no event shall this warranty exceed the original purchase price of the AEM Electronics part nor shall AEM Electronics be responsible for special, incidental or consequential damages or cost incurred due to the failure of this product. AEM Electronics disclaims any liability for consequential damages due to breach of any written or implied warranty on all of its products.
Warranty returns will only be accepted by AEM Electronics when accompanied by a valid Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA) number and a dated proof of purchase. The product must be received by AEM Electronics within 30 days of the date the RMA is issued. Warranty claims to AEM Electronics must be shipped to us prepaid (we recommend a shipping service with package tracking capability). Once your package is received by our warranty and repairs department you will be notified and provided with updates.