The AMS/Wilwood Lightweight Brake Kit was designed for the Drag racer or Autocrosser looking for that extra edge. AMS has teamed up with Wilwood to provide this lightweight yet streetable kit that shaves 32 lbs from your EVO, 22 of which is reduced from the rotating mass! Less weight (sprung & rotational) means quicker acceleration, less parts breakage, and quicker suspension response. Using a robust Wilwood forged 4 piston caliper, this kit retains great stopping power making it very streetable. The vented vane rotor is 11.75 in diameter (stock is 12.75) and features a lightweight aluminum hat. We supply the rotor and hat pre-assembled with safety wire and include Goodridge braided stainless steel brake lines. Grade 8 hardware and aluminum caliper brackets complete the package. This kit is designed to fit over 15 rims with the appropriate wheel spacers. This is the same kit we developed and use on our World Record Holding, 1130awhp EVO VIII which has hauled us down from over 170mph drag passes! This kit is a far superior and a much safer alternative to using older EVO RS brakes or adapting other single/dual piston Mitsubishi calipers. Features:
- 32lbs. of weight savings
- Aluminum hat rotors come assembled
- Grade 8 hardware
- Comes with everything needed for install
- Direct bolt-on
- 11.75" diameter
- D.O.T Complaint and T.U.V approved brake lines
- 6061 Aluminum machined brackets
- Wilwood forged 4-piston caliper
- Wilwood brake pads BP-10 medium friction "Smart Pad
- Aluminum caliper adapter brackets
- Street/Track 11.75 vented rotors & aluminum hats (assembled & safety wired)
- Goodridge S.S. braided high performance brake lines & fittings.
- Mitsubishi Evolution IV | V | VI 1992-2000
- While this kit provides great stopping power, the reduced weight of the rotor assembly means there is less thermal mass and thus it is not recommended for sustained high braking applications like track days, time trials, or road racing.
AMS Performance builds serious performance products for cars such as the Mitsubishi EVO, Nissan GTR, Subaru Impreza, and Porsche 911. Their background in drag racing allows them to build turbo kits, engines, manifolds, and other parts to take the punishment of what 1000+ horsepower cars produce. AMS focuses on these racing parts and kits to give the customer a complete package of power.