Moroso Rear Sump Oil Pan Mazda RX7 86-91
Whether you drag, oval or road race, Moroso has the pan your engine needs specially designed for front or rear wheel drive sport compacts. Each pan is fully fabricated from aluminum or steel, with race proven features that control oil for maximum power. The key is to keep the crankshaft free of excess oil which allows the engine to spin freely and achieve its full power potential.
Mazda RX7 Oil Pan Features:
-6.26 Quart Capacity
- Sump is relocated to the rear to ensure ample oil supply during hard acceleration; horizontal baffle directs oil back into sump during hard braking
- Fully fabricated, all aluminum construction is lightweight and helps dissipate heat
- 3/8"-thick billet rail with integral X-brace greatly strengthens engine assembly to reduce twisting
- Includes .080"-thick aluminum Baffle Plate to de-aerate and cool return oil (other baffles are only .060" thick)
- Includes an Oil Pump Pickup specially designed for this pan; access holes in pan facilitate mounting pickup to the front cover
- Enlarged sump increases capacity to 6.25 quarts (with stock oil cooler installed)
- Includes magnetic drain plug with extra copper washer and pan mounting kit with hex-drive steel studs to eliminate stripping the engine block and serrated-face flare nuts to withstand vibration
- Accommodates stock pan gasket and dipstick with existing oil level marks
- Use with stock oil pump
NOTE: Oil Pan Capacities DO NOT Include Oil Filter Capacity.
Moroso Performance Products is one of the worlds most respected suppliers of automotive equipment for racing and street performance applications. Moroso manufactures over 3000 products, from oil pans and oiling systems, to ignition wire, ignition components, valve covers, fuel system equipment, air cleaners, hard-core racing tools, chassis and suspension equipment, marine performance engines and numerous other performance parts. The company has an impressive list of customers, ranging from grass-roots racers to top level NASCAR Nextel Cup and NHRA/IHRA race teams.