The CRF, Carbon Racing Filter, is BMC s new high performance sports air filter designed for road and competition vehicles. It features a 100% carbon fibre support structure with a cotton air filter.
The CRF has been designed and produced entirely by the BMC Racing and Advanced Composite Division, which is wholly concerned with the development of air filters and aspiration systems for the racing world: Formula 1 / MotoGP One / World Superbike. The CRF has been created from extensive BMC knowledge acquired through more than 10 years of experience in the racing sector, which has brought high level results and increased performance to super-sports engines.
The CRF air filter makes use of innovative technical solutions to optimize the flow dynamics of the direct air into the engine. The result is better air flow passage in the intake phase thereby maintaining constant air-box pressure.
The CRF filter was conceived with the objective of withstanding the vibrations and heat produced in movement both in normal road and intensive track use.
The CRF filter, as are all BMC filters, can be regenerated and reused. Once the saturation level has been reached the filter can be regenerated through a process of washing and re-oiling using the appropriate BMC washing kit. You may please contact us for further details.Fitment/s:
- R8 5.2 V10 Quattro / r-tronic (HP: 525 | Year: 09 >)
- R8 5.2 V10 Quattro r-tronic GT (HP: 560 | Year: 10 >)
- R8 SPYDER 5.2 V10 Quattro / r-tronic (HP: 525 | Year: 09 >)
- GALLARDO LP550-2 VALENTINO BALBONI (HP: 550 | Year: )
- GALLARDO LP560-4 (HP: 560 | Year: )
- GALLARDO LP570-4 SUPERLEGGERA (HP: 570 | Year: )
- GALLARDO SPYDER LP550-2 (HP: 550 | Year: 11-)
- GALLARDO SPYDER LP560-4 (HP: 560 | Year: 08-)
- GALLARDO SPYDER LP570-4 PERFORMANTE (HP: 570 | Year: 10 >)
AUDI R8 5.2 V10 Quattro
LAMBORGHINI Gallardo LP550-2 (Valentino Balboni)
LAMBORGHINI Gallardo LP560-4
LAMBORGHINI Gallardo LP570-4 (Superleggera)Full Kit (2 filters included).
*ECU programming may be required.
Other Part Numbers:
BMC Air Filters #bmcCRF605/08
BMC started in 1973 as an automotive parts distribution company, and they began developing filters in 1996. Today, BMC air filters is one of the best known automotive air filter companies in the world. They started in Bologna, Italy, but now they have offices all over the world including Germany, China, and India.
In 2010 BMC Air Filters began developing composite materials for use with their air filters. These advanced composites materials are used to develop airboxes for BMC air intake systems. BMC achieved certifications EN 9100 : 2018 and ISO 9001 : 2015 for the design and manufacturing of air filters and composite materials for aerospace, automotive, naval and industrial sector.
Why Replace Your Air Filter?
You might be wondering why you even need to replace your air filter. As the name suggests, air filters are designed to filter the air being sucked into your engine. Without filtering the air particles will be sucked into the engine and cause internal damage over an extended period.
Automotive manufacturers must build their vehicles to a cost, which means some parts are less than ideal in engineering and quality. In general, OEM filters are typically made of paper and heavily restrict airflow and can’t be replaced, and they offer limited filtration properties in many applications.
By replacing your air filter with a cotton air filter, like the ones offered by BMC, you can improve filtration and airflow significantly. Many aftermarket filters, including BMC air filters, are made from cotton which offers better flow and filtration characteristics compared to an OEM filter.
Why Choose BMC Air Filters?
There are lots of options for aftermarket air filters, so why should you choose BMC air filters? With a big focus on quality, air flow, filtration, and longevity, BMC is one of the best options on the market.
- BMC air filter guarantees containment of impurities as small as 7 microns
- They build their filters from natural cotton and they can be washed, re-oiled, and reused.
- BMC carries out filtration testing in reference to International Standards for filtering (ISO 5011)
- A BMC air filter will last for the lifetime of most applications
- BMC is used by some of the most important race teams in Formula 1, Le Mans, Moto GP and World Superbike