An excellent performance upgrade. Lightened steel flywheels are susceptible to shattering under aggressive driving conditions. Because aluminum is lighter than steel, Clutch Masters is able to produce aluminum flywheels utilizing stock dimensions. Aluminum flywheels are perfect for road racers looking for quicker revs. It is also a nice complement for turbocharged cars experiencing lag.
Fits: 3.6L Non-Turbo only
Typical benefits of a lightweight flywheel for various engine types:
- Reduced mass equals increased acceleration.
- Increased supercharger efficiency due to less parasitic drag on the crank.
- Improved mid-range torque in a normally aspirated engine due to not having to overcome the heavy weight of a stock flywheel.
- CM uses only 6061-T6 aircraft grade or better billet aluminum in the manufacturer of its flywheels.
- CM uses High Carbon steel for the friction surface. (Replaceable)
- CM uses an OEM steel ring gear secured by bolts.
- CM offers a 90-day warranty.
- CM Billet Aluminum Flywheels meet SFI Spec 1.1 or 1.2
Clutch Masters clutches are true High Performance Clutch Systems and are technologically superior to anything currently on the market
To develop a clutch with all the desired performance characteristics for intended applications is the challenge of a high performance clutch company. The Clutch Masters clutch system is unique in the industry. We use Hi-Leverage technology (refer to the Pressure Plate section) in our pressure plates, which significantly increases clamping force with no unnecessary increase in pedal pressure. Discs are designed either with reduced Marcel or a solid hub design to take advantage of our Hi-Leverage pressure plate. The combination of these cutting edge technologies creates the finest clutch system on the market.
Additionally, Clutch Masters, with over 35 years in the industry, has researched hundreds of friction materials and uses only the best materials available for each intended application. By combining the optimum clamping force with the finest friction materials - each with their own unique coefficient of friction - Clutch Masters has developed a line of clutches that provide ultimate performance in virtually any severe environment.
Stage 1 FX100 | Stage 2.5 FX250 | Stage 3.5 FX350 | Stage 4 FX400 | Twin Disc Kits