Introducing our new Diverter Valve Charge Pipe for the BMW N55 Single Turbo Engine! Fits all BMW 135i and 335i. Often ignored, charged intake airflow characteristics greatly affect throttle response, turbo lag and ultimately maximum power potential. Smooth bends and minimal obstructions are ideal. We used 6061 aluminum (lightweight) mandrel bent piping to ensure smooth transitions. 3" piping was used to match up to the factory throttle body (factory pipe is 2.5"), ensuring maximum flow without obstruction.
Evolution Racewerks were the first manufacturer to duplicate the factory throttle body flange with our N54 charge pipe. Evolution Racewerks brings the same thing to the N55 charge pipe. During Evolution Racewerks' research and development, the connection at the throttle body was looked over very carefully. The factory diverter valve is connected to the throttle body using an o-ring inside the throttle body flange which is locked in place by a c-clip, which works very well. It also make removal/installation quick and easy. Evolution Racewerks testing had shown it could hold quite a bit of boost. During testing, they had pressure tested this connection up to 25 PSI. The reason why they stopped at 25 PSI was because at 25 PSI, one of the intake pipes on the turbo blew off and could not test any higher. Hoewver, they were confident that it would easily hold over 25 PSI as the throttle body flange showed no signs of failing. Also, keep in mind, this type of connection is used throughout the engine, in many crutial areas like the coolant radiator system as well as the clutch system. If BMW did not believe in the durability of this type of connection, they would not use it in such important areas.
Many of Evolution Racewerks' competitors use a silicone hose connection for the throttle body connection. It is not designed for a silicone hose connection which is used by all the other brand diverter valve pipe upgrades in the market. The throttle body lip is too short and there are no "beads" to prevent the silicone hose from blowing off under boost. Even though it is the easiest way to "rig" together, it is not ideal. The best way to connect the new diverter valve pipe to the throttle body is to replicate the same connection which they did. Evolution Racewerks spent a lot of resources developing and manufacturing this factory style connection for this reason. The same issue came with the MAP sensor. The MAP sensor seals to the factory diverter valve pipe via a o-ring on the sensor itself. Having a hole in a silicone hose will definitely cause a boost leak as it will not properly seal. Therefore, again Evolution Racewerks CNC machined a replica MAP sensor flange that utilizes the same factory o-ring seal.Features:
- Increase throttle response and decreases turbo lag.
- Lightweight High Grade 6061 Aluminum Piping.
- Throttle body matched 3" piping.
- Retains factory style o-ring throttle body lock flange. Precision CNC machined throttle body flange ensures leak free connection to throttle body. Quick and easy connection and disconnection to throttle body. Ideal connection compared to the silicone hose and hose clamp connection found in all other aftermarket diverter valve upgrade pipes available in the marketplace.
- Precision CNC machined MAP sensor flange ensures leak free connection.
- Diverter Valve Charge Pipe features beaded ends and T-bolt clamps to prevent intercooler piping from coming off from boost.
- Optional Type III Hard Black Anodizing (for stealth and OEM look). Hard anodizing helps improve durability of intercooler piping. Resists bent or dented piping.
- Compatible with the factory electronic diverter valve.
- Includes all hardware for complete installation.
- Limited Lifetime Warranty.
- This product is intended for OFF ROAD USE ONLY.
- Not legal for use on pollution controlled vechiles upon public highways.
- This item is not for sale, installation, or use on licensed vehicles in the state of California.
Evolution Racewerks started off as a custom fabrication shop in 2004. Their experienced staff of fabricators and welders can build any part you can dream of. Their talented welders are capable of working with steel, stainless, aluminum and titanium. They can also help build your future race car from the ground up! From chassis preparation (chassis seam welding and roll cage construction) to complete assembly and preparation of the car. To get the best deal on Evolution Racewerks products call our talented sales staff today!