The new DV+ (Suits Mercedes, Ford and Volvo)!
GFB'S DV+ SOLUTION COULDN'T BE SIMPLER - KEEP WHAT WORKS AND REPLACE WHAT DOESN'T.
Uses factory solenoid coil for seamless integrationReplaces plastic valve parts with metal for reliability and strength on chipped enginesDirect-fit replacement with GFB's TMS benefitsExclusive "pilot-actuated" valve mechanism for rapid response at high boost
GFB expands the DV+ range with a direct-fit solution for the weak factory diverter valve used on many European vehicles.
The solenoid coil itself from the factory-fitted valve is great- the ECU opens it faster than any pneumatic valve so why replace it? The weak point however, is the valve mechanism itself. GFB's DV+ solves this problem by replacing the valve parts with an anodised billet aluminium housing, fitted with a brass piston machined to exacting tolerances.
The end result is sharper throttle response, lightning-fast valve actuation, and it will hold as much boost as you can throw at it. Read all about the DV+ story below. Other manufacturers' products involve replacing the entire system with a traditional pneumatic valve. This approach requires long vacuum hose runs, additional parts for tapping into the intake manifold vacuum, plus a different solenoid valve to actuate the pneumatic valve, or a ballast resistor to plug into the OE wiring loom. All these additional items result in a product that is slower, less responsive, more expensive and takes much longer to install.
GFB's DV+ solution on the other hand is more responsive, less expensive, easier to install, and doesn't cause compressor surge/ turbo flutter. Oh, and it doesn't require different springs or frequent re-builds either.
GET BETTER PERFORMANCE, FASTER BOOST RECOVERY AND DON'T PAY FOR WHAT YOU DON'T NEED!
The DV+ story: Better performance - more reliable
Many late-model European cars use ECU controlled solenoid-type diverter valves. This is a good concept because the valve can react very quickly and it only opens when it needs to.
However, there are some problems with these valves;
- The diaphragms are weak and known to rupture, especially if boost has been increased. Once this happens, the valve will no longer hold boost pressure.
- The plastic lip that surrounds the diaphragm is very thin and pieces can break off, potentially ending up going through the turbo.
Additionally, the solenoid on the OE diverter is directly connected to the valve mechanism, which is not ideal because neither it nor the return spring are strong enough to open and close the valve reliably at high boost.
With problems like this, you can see why other aftermarket manufacturers assume the best solution is to replace the factory diverter entirely, or change it to a purely pneumatic system. Unfortunately though, whilst their replacement kits might be stronger than the factory diverter, their slower response speed and lower flow do not justify the extra cost and complexity - more of a compromise than a solution.
GFB has taken a different approach to deliver a complete solution that solves existing problems and improves performance, without compromise or a hefty price tag.
The DV+ addresses the factory valve problems with a very simple and elegant solution. Keeping the factory solenoid, the DV+ retains all the benefits of the stock system. Also replacing the valve parts with indestructable metal components ensures strength and reliability, no matter how much boost you run.
That's not all; rather than using the solenoid to directly actuate the valve, we've introduced a unique "pilot-actuation" system. This means the solenoid only has to control airflow through a small passage that is then used to open and close the piston (rather than opening and closing the piston directly), so it doesn't matter how much boost you push through it, the DV+ will open and close reliably without ever exceeding the solenoid's capability.
This feature also improves on the factory system by opening the valve progressively in response to boost pressure, so it only opens as much as required to get the job done (the factory valve simply opens and shuts, it cannot partially open if boost pressure is low), resulting in better throttle response. Fitment:
- Ford Fiesta ST L4.1596cc 2014-2016
- Ford Mustang EcoBoost L4.2300cc 2015-2017
- Ford Mustang EcoBoost Premium L4.2300cc 2015-2017
- Mercedes-Benz C250 Base L4.1796cc 2012-2015
- Mercedes-Benz C250 Luxury L4.1796cc 2012-2014
- Mercedes-Benz C250 Sport L4.1796cc 2012-2014
- Mercedes-Benz CLA250 4Matic L4.1991cc 2014-2015
- Mercedes-Benz CLA250 Base L4.1991cc 2014-2015
- Mercedes-Benz GLA250 4Matic L4.1991cc 2015-2016
- Mercedes-Benz GLA250 Base L4.1991cc 2015-2016
- Mercedes-Benz SLK250 Base L4.1796cc 2012-2015
- Volvo S60 T6 L6.2953cc 2011-2014
- Volvo S60 T6 Polestar L6.2953cc 2015-2016
- Volvo S60 T6 R-Design L6.2953cc 2013-2016
- Volvo S60 T6 R-Design Platinum L6.2953cc 2015-2016
- Volvo S80 T6 L6.2953cc 2008-2015
- Volvo V60 T6 Polestar L6.2953cc 2015-2016
- Volvo V60 T6 R-Design L6.2953cc 2015-2016
- Volvo V60 T6 R-Design Platinum L6.2953cc 2015-2016
- Volvo xC60 T6 L6.2953cc 2010-2015
- Volvo xC70 T6 L6.2953cc 2010-2015
Other Part Numbers:
Go Fast Bits #gfbT9358