This product is for Racing Competition only and is not legal for use in highway or street vehicles or other non-racing competition off-road vehicles.
Purchasing this product requires you to sign our Vehicle Compliance Waiver here.
Miata 9900 Gen2 PnP Plug and Play Standalone Engine Management System is compatible with the following:
1999-2000 USDM Mazda Miata w/ manual transmission
Miata 9900 Gen2 PnP Plug and Play MM9900 Features:
- Fully Plug and Play Installation – No wiring required for basic functionality. Average install time is under 1 hour!
- Miata base maps is pre-loaded to help your engine start on the first turn of the key (other model base maps included on USB stick)
- Real time tuning and data logging with a laptop connection
- Supports most aftermarket wideband sensors
Fully Tunable Engine Control!
- 16Ч16 Fuel Tables allow high resolution tuning
- 12Ч12 Ignition Tables
- Multiple Acceleration enrichment strategies
- Closed Loop Idle Speed Control
- Air Conditioner Control
- Up to 4 sequential fuel injector channels with individual trim tables (minor wiring change required if you want to enable sequential injection, as most of these cars were not wired for sequential injection from the factory)
- Onboard peak and hold drivers support both high and low impedance injectors – No external ballast resistor is needed!
- Allows removal of stock airflow meter
- Allows adding a variable TPS – no special mods needed!
Advanced Feature Set (Included!)
- 12Ч12 Air Fuel Ratio Target Tables for use with wide band O2 sensor for precise tuning and table trim.
- Built-in 2-step rev limiter / launch control with flat shift
- Real time barometric correction
- Internal 4-bar MAP sensor reads up to 44PSI of boost
- Overboost protection
- Closed loop boost control (Requires boost solenoid kit)
- Knock sensor input with adjustable sensitivity
- Headphone output for knock sensor – listen for knock while you tune!
- Table switching input. Change fuel and spark maps on the fly for different fuels, nitrous activation, etc.
- Input for flex fuel sensor – switch between E85 and gasoline on the fly!
- CANBus connector allows interconnection of other MegaSquirt-compatible devices for additional functions (EGT Input, Automatic Transmission Controller, Additional Sensors…..the possibilities are limitless!
What you get in the box:
- Miata 9900 Gen2 PnP Plug and Play ECU
- MSPNP RS232 serial tuning cable, 6 foot (USB adapter sold separately, if needed)
- Tuning Software and Documentation USB Stick
- 6 foot Vacuum Hose for MAP Signal and T fitting
- Four Screws for ECU mounting
Note: Although there is a paid upgrade to TunerStudio, it is not needed to tune this ECU. The free version included on the USB Stick can access all the features and tables of the MegaSquirtPNP. The paid version of TunerStudio simply adds tuning and analysis software, such as VE Analyzer Live to tune the fuel tables based on wideband O2 feedback (requiring a wideband O2 sensor and controller, sold separately).
Who is DIY AutoTune?
DIYAutoTune is a company that Jerry Hoffmann founded in 2004. What started as a hobby became a booming business. The company specializes in producing the latest tuning products and kits. Today, they have become one of the leading companies in their market segment.
They have everything you need to install a fully programmable Engine Management System on any vehicle, whether a truck, car, motorcycle, utility vehicle or even boat. The company offers various tuning products from the MegaSquirt line of DIY Programmable Electronic Fuel Injection systems, MegaSquirt wiring harness, Innovate Motorsports LC-1, and LM-1 Wideband O2 Sensor systems and gauges, and ignition components.
Wide Range of Products
When it comes to Engine Management systems, DIY AutoTune is the brand to go to. They also have ready-to-install kits for enthusiasts who want a plug-and-play product. Whatever route you choose, they guarantee to provide total control and tunability of your engine, allowing you to extract maximum power every time.
Purchase DIY AutoTune At Vivid Racing
Today’s modern engine requires special equipment for you to tune it base on your liking. If you are in the market for a product that would allow you to be in control, then look no further as DIY AutoTune is the brand for you. All their electronics are labeled clearly and have everything you need for the install.
To know more about DIY AutoTune and what they can offer, visit Vivid Racing and check out their list of products that fit your specific requirement.
Warranty Information - DIYAutoTune Un-Assembled Kits
Products purchased in kit form we will guarantee have all parts needed to complete the kit, and the parts will be in new and working condition when we ship them to you. If you find a discrepancy please notify us. We're pretty easy to work with and we'll do our best to take care of you quickly. Obviously we cannot warranty your assembly work of a kit. If you get stuck we suggest posting a thread at www.msefi.com or www.msextra.com and emailing us the link so we can attempt to chime in and working together with others we can usually help you get to the root of your problem. That being said most people don't have any problems assembling our kits, they are clearly labeled and go together just about as easy as any kit could.
Warranty Information - DIYAutoTune Assembled MegaSquirt ECUs and Accessories
This section applies to any product that is available as a kit, but that we also offer as an assembled product. Examples would be standard MegaSquirt I and II ECUs, Stimulators, and the like. Standard off-the-shelf MegaSquirt ECU Assembled units are covered by a one year limited warranty against manufacturers defects. Contact us if you believe you have an issue that should be covered under warranty. We will discuss the issue with you and provide an RMA number and an address to ship your unit to. Our tech will evaluate the unit and if a problem due to manufacturer defect is found we will repair it free of charge. We will cover the cost of shipping from our shop to you up to $25; we will need for you to cover any cost of shipping beyond $25 and the cost of shipping the unit from your location to our shop. If we determine that the problem was due to mis-use, mis-installation or improper modification, our shop rate will be $75/hr plus materials to repair your unit (one hour minimum).
We do not mind the modification of the unit as that's the spirit of the MegaSquirt project, just understand that if your mod appears to be the likely culprit of damage to the unit that we cannot support the unit under warranty. Note that extensive modification may complicate the troubleshooting process, and in some cases it may be neccesary to reverse modifications in order to return the unit to working order. Charges will apply for the time required, and in these case we cannot be responsible for putting custom modifications back in place after having to remove them to resolve a problem.
Warranty Information - Manufactured Products
Race parts are inherently dangerous in general and may cause injury or damage if improperly modified or altered before use. Hoffmann Innovations will not be held liable for and will not pay you for any injuries or damage caused by misuse, modification, redesign, or alternation of any of our products. Hoffmann Innovations will not be held in any way responsible for any incidental or consequential damages including direct or indirect labor, towing, lodging,
garage, repair, medical, or legal expense in any way attributable to the use of any item in our catalog or to the delay or inconvenience caused by the necessity of replacing or repairing any such item.
Manufacturers warranties are standard with some of our products. For example:
All Innovate Motorsports wideband products are covered by a 1-year limited manufacturer's warranty covering parts and labor for repairs of any manufacturer defect. They are good people to work with and will take good care of you and we will help ensure you are taken care of.
AMP EFI, MS3Pro, MS3Pro Plug & Play and MSPNP2 EMS Systems are covered by a 1-year limited manufacturer's warranty covering parts and labor for repairs of any manufacturer defect for the original purchaser. Furthermore, original purchasers of AMP EFI models MS3Pro ULTIMATE & EVO may upgrade, by way of online product registration, to a Limited Lifetime Warranty within 30 days of purchase. Please visit https://www.ampefi.com/warranty/ for details & product registration.
Other manufactured products (fuel pumps, etc) have warranty information included in the product listing.